you are cooking somethign spicy in the microwave, or worse,
accidentily burned something in the microwave, it can be hard
to remove the lingering smell. And it can even cause foods
cooked well after to absorb the "taste" from the
odor. But fortunately, you can remove odors from your microwave
oven easily and inexpensively.
Fill a bowl with
water, and add a small amount of lemon juice. Microwave for
1-2 minutes (it will boil and steam) then wipe out the inside
of the microwave with a clean cloth. If neccessary, repeat.