Helping build self
esteem is important in your role as a parent. You should make
an effort of sending one true positive message to each child
each and every day. Here are fourteen things you can tell
your child to help build his or her self esteem.
1. Your hair looks
great that way.
2. Wow, you did those dishes in the fastest time ever.
3. You are doing really well on ___.
4. Great job on your test/assignment/report.
5. You played really well with your brother/sister.
6. Your idea of ___ for dinner was a great one.
7. Thank you for finding ___ for me.
8. It is great that you did _____ without me even asking you
9. Even though you spilled ___, I know you'll clean it up
as good as new.
10. You are such a great helper.
11. You've worked really hard.
12. I am proud of you.
13. I am so happy for you doing ____.
14. No one can do ____ as well as you.